Niagara Sport & Social Club’s – Volleyball Tie Breaker Procedures
Follow this sequence:
a. When two teams are tied, the tie breaker procedures are applied one after the other until the tie has been broken.
b. When three or more teams are tied, the tie-breaker procedures are applied one after the other until all the tied teams have been ranked. Do not start over again – continue thru all the tied teams as you continue down the list of procedures.
Example: This means that if there is a tie among teams X, Y, and Z and procedure “2” is able to determine X as first, Y as second and Z as third, then no further procedures are to be used as the tie is broken.
However, if procedure “2” determines X as first and there is still a tie between Y and Z, then the ranking of the remaining teams will be determined by proceeding to procedure “3” and so on, if necessary. Do not start at procedure “1” again. Continue through the order of procedures.
The following tie breaker procedures will be used:
If two or more teams are tied at the end of pool play, the following procedures will be applied, in order:
1. The team having the best ratio of won/lost matches, considering matches between the tied teams, will be ranked higher.
2. The Team having the best ratio of won/lost games, considering matches played between the tied teams, will be ranked higher.
3. The team having the best ratio of won/lost games, considering all matches of the round, will be ranked higher.
4. The team having the best ratio of points for/against, considering all games played between the tied teams, will be ranked higher.
5. The team having the best ratio of points for/against, considering all matches played of the round, will be ranked higher.
6. As determined by the Senior Convenor
The rest of our volleyball league & volleyball tournament rules can be found on our website at: www.niagarasportandsocial.com